St. Andrews actively supports local community causes and strives to be the positive energy for many efforts. You can be involved too! Scroll through all the causes we support financially and with our time and talents:
- St. Andrews School SAS
- Presbytery of Greater Atlanta ATL
- Presbyterian Mission Agency https://www.presbyterianmission.org/
- Presbyterian Special Offerings Special Offerings
- Presbyterian Homes of Georgia Presbyterian Homes
The following local and state causes we support with money and time and talents:
- Atlanta Community Food Bank (http://www.acfb.org/)
- Friends of Disabled Adults and Children in Stone Mountain (http://www.fodac.org/)
- Initiative for Affordable Housing (http://www.affordablehousingatl.org/). IAH’s re:loom (http://reloom.org/)project creates and sells handwoven rugs, placemats, and other household goods, thereby providing full-time jobs with benefits for low-income women and men.
- NET Food Pantry, a joint venture of area churches, will provide a family-in-need with a substantial box of food, including fresh meat and vegetables.
- NETworks Cooperative Ministry (NET) is a group of churches, businesses, organizations, and individuals committed to helping those in need in the Northlake, Embry Hills and Tucker community, by supplying emergency food as well as assistance with housing and utility bills.
- Our House (http://www.ourhousega.org/) in Decatur, Georgia, offers homeless parents a loving, safe haven where a parent can confidently leave his/her child during the day while he/she seeks employment and permanent housing.
- Thornwell Home for Children (http://www.thornwell.org/) is a Christian community in Clinton, South Carolina, offering hope and wholeness for abused, abandoned and neglected children.
- Thornwell Building Families program is now hosted at St. Andrews Presbyterian Church. Building Families is an evidenced-based, in-home program that offers practical, hands-on tools and teaches specific skills to improve children’s behavior and reduce stress for parents. You can call Sarah “Say” Spencer at 404-550-3149 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org for information. Better Families